Sorry that the first post on Dashboard Planet is not about dashboard, but about leadership.
I read a book titled "Winning" by Jack Welch, the former General Eletric CEO, and in this book he shared his view on what makes a leader great.
Below are the 8 points in summary, and this post is mainly for me to remember it as I re-typed it out. Hope interested readers can also draw some hints on leadership.
1. Leaders relentlessly upgrade their team, using every encounter as an opportunity to evaluate, coach, and build self-confidence.
2. Leaders make sure people not only see the vision, they live it and breathe it.
3. Leaders get into everyone's skin, exuding positive energy and optimism.
4. Leaders establish trust with candor, transparency, and credit.
5. Leaders have the courage to make unpopular decision and gut calls.
6. Leaders probe and push with a curiosity that borders on skepticism, making sure their questions are answered with action.
7. Leaders inspire risk taking and learning by setting the example.
8. Leaders celebrate.